Support UMD's Homecoming Community Service Event
2015 Homecoming Community Service Event
On Nov. 2, 2015, Terps Against Hunger will be hosting its second annual Homecoming Community Service Event. We will be bringing together over 3,000 student, staff, faculty, and College Park community member volunteers to package 250,000 meals. All of the meals packed at this event will be donated locally, to food banks and pantries in the DC Metro Area. This project will provide much needed hunger relief to thousands of children and families in nearby communities.
The money raised from this Launch UMD campaign will solely be used to package additional meals. As a volunteer-run organization, we can ensure you that 100% of your donation will go towards packing and distributing our meals. At a per meal cost of just $0.25, any size donation will make an impact.
Why Should you Care?
Hunger disproportionately impacts children and has significant consequences on health, learning and economic security. This must change.
- From 2010 to 2012 approximately 299,000 households in the District of Columbia and 2,231,000 households in Maryland experienced food insecurity.
- In 2013, there were over 49 million Americans living in food-insecure households, 16 million were children.
- In the DC Metro area alone, there are over 1 million people who are food insecure.
Homecoming provides us with the perfect opportunity to bring the UMD community together to make a difference in the lives of children and families in the surrounding communities.
Your Donation Will
- Increase the number of meals we package and distribute on Nov. 2
- Allow more volunteers to participate in the Homecoming Service Event
- Help us increase awareness about hunger and food insecurity in the DC area
Without your support, our events would not be possible. Please share our efforts with friends and family, and help us continue the fight against hunger.
For additional information please contact Jonathan Fix at: email@example.com
Gifts in support of the University of Maryland are accepted and managed by the University of Maryland College Park Foundation, Inc., an affiliated 501(c)(3) organization authorized by the Board of Regents. Contributions to the University of Maryland are tax deductible as allowed by law. Please see your tax advisor for details.